Chiropractor Brenda L. Kingen D.C.
I was born and raised in small town West Branch, Michigan. At the young age of 6, I had my first experience of sick and crisis care while spending 4 weeks in the hospital with a ruptured appendix. The following year, my dad had to chase me around the local health agency that was vaccinating the community for an outbreak of Hepatitis A. I received the vaccine, but unfortunately I was already infected and had to spend the next 4 weeks home from school taking more drugs. Obviously, both of these experiences were very scary and inconvenient to a child. I am very appreciative of the care I received for I would not be here today without it. At age 19, I spent my first summer break from undergraduate school at home working a job at a local factory hanging 80lb. doors on a paint line while playing softball 3 nights per week, and every weekend. By midsummer I was experiencing intense pain in my right neck, shoulder and down my arm. My dad referred me to his chiropractor and my eyes were opened to the power of chiropractic care and the body's innate ability to heal itself, without the use of drugs or surgery. A few years later, similar symptoms occurred due to the repetitive stress of carrying my backpack at school, on one shoulder I might add! I chose to see a chiropractor once again. Struggling at that time to choose my life path (I was considering medical or physical therapy school), I developed a love for health, nutrition, and the benefits of chiropractic care. With over 27 years as a doctor of chiropractic, it remains a very fulfilling and satisfying feeling to help people get back their health and well being.
Professional Credentials, Memberships, and Experience
- B.S. in Health Education, Michigan State University
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Logan College of Chiropractic, April of 1993.
- Fellow of the International Academy of Clinical Acupuncture
- ART Certified (Active Release Technique-spine)
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Golf Fitness Instructor/Medical Level 3
- Member of the Missouri State Chiropractors Association
- Member of Brentwood Chamber of Commerce
- Co-owner of Golf Body Performance Center
- Chiropractor for the LPGA Michelob Light Classic, 1997-2001